Monday 28 February 2011

Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS) Verbal And Analytical Sections


Test Paper :15
 Paper Type     : General - Interview
 Test Date        : 30  January  2011 
 Test Location  : S.A. Engg College, Chennai
 Posted By        : S. Dhivya

Hello Friends,
This is DHIVYA recently i attended the cts aptitude test on 30 jan '11. At the beginning they give a paper called "DATA SHEET" in which u have to fill all details like  NAME ; PERSONAL INFORMATION ; ACADEMIC DETAILS ; STRENGTH WEAKNESS ; SOFTWARE PROFESIONAL ;  SHORT TERM AND LONG TERM PLAN ; EXPECTATIONS FROM CTS .  They just give only 10-15 min to fill all these details suddenly without telling the time duration they ask us to start writing the exm so be careful we have to write as fast as we can... after completing the exm we can write these fill up form... as i got 10 min time after completing my exm so i used my time by writing fill up form.

Paper was easy it contains the following pattern.
 
* Analytical Section (30 questions, 30 minutes)
Q(1)  : Choose the different figure 
Q(2-3)  : Logic 
Q(4-5)  : Logic 
Q(6-7)  : Logic 
Q(8-9)  : Logic 
Q(10-13) : Puzzle 
Q(14-17) : Encoding & Decoding 
Q(18-21)  : Figure Sequence 
Q(22-24)  : Choose the similar figure 
Q(25-28)  : Data Intrepretation
Q(29-30)  : Logic                                                                                               

 
* Verbal Section (25 questions, 20 minutes) (15) , (10)
Q(31-32)  : Identify correct sentence
Q(33-37)  : Reading Comprehension I
Q(37-42)  : Reading Comprehension II
Q(43)  : Identify the correct sentence
Q(44-46)  : Identify the incorrect sentence
Q(47-51)  : Sentence re-arrangement   
Q(52)  : Identify the correct sentence        
Q(53-55)  : Identify the incorrect sentence

 
This blue print is the same as how they asked in exam...  And i would like to give some tips regarding the exam... first to attend encoding and decoding ; figure sequence ; similar figure ; logical deductions and connectives ;correct incorrect sentence and then to passage finally end the exm with interpretation... as bcoz interpretation questions are very tough and we could not able to solve as the calculations to be done are more.. so what i suggest u to attend it at last... This is the way i followed in my exam where i saved 10 min time... 
Books:  R.S.AGGARWAL  (VERBAL AND NON VERBAL)
 
TIME BOOK For LOGICAL CONNECTIVES
 
These two books are more than enough to study for clearing the exam.
 
And at one week later i got mail stating i cleared Aptitude and asked me to come for Technical in MEPZ on 5 FEB 2011  at 11.00 A.M.
 
To my surprise there was GD round... All batch consists of 10 members... My HR was very Cool ... He gave comfort by talking in general and he also told that its enough of talking atleast one line but to talk bravely and loudly this was his criteria for selecting candidates but other HR insisted on GRAMMATICAL USAGE it completely depends upon each HR ... and to our surprise again he asked us as each and every person can talk their own topic... And we all got cleared in our Batch.

Next is TECHNICAL HR ... I attended where at the beginning he asked generally about my college and my family... and 
INT : he asked why my 10 , 12 , UG was reduced by 1 % ... 
ME : I explained
 
INT : he was satisfied .... He then asked Why u came for IT field as u where from E.C.E. background...
ME : I explained... He asked me did u attend any Core Company ... I said attended got selected also....
 
INT : Asked why u didnt proceed with that company...
ME : I explained.
 
INT :He started asking what all languages (S/W) u knw...  
ME : Told (He cross checked the DATA SHEET) I told i knw DATA STRUCTURES also ...
 
INT : He told good.. Started asking questions from that... 
INT : wat is bubble sort
 
ME : explained
INT : quick sort , Linked list types and explain..
 
ME : explained
INT : wat is other name for queue and stack
 
ME : explained
INT :asked to draw and explain Circular linked list
 
ME: explained
INT : asked to write prog
 
ME : i told confidently i dont knw prog as i ididnt prepare for it but i knw all the logics...
INT : He said ok ! asked to explain Stack and Queue.
 
ME : explained
INT: finally told nice to meet u ... Thank u and asked me to wait for results.
 
ME : thank u Sir.
 
After a long gap of 1 hour my Results came "I GOT SELECTED" ... After 5 mins they asked me to attend THE FINAL ROUND i.e., HR ROUND....

HR : he greeted me
ME : me too
 
HR : Asked me to show my certificates of 10 ,12 UG  (This is nothing but to cross check the %)
ME : showed 
HR : Told ur eligible
ME : felt happy
HR : Asked to TELL ABOUT YOURSELF
ME : told
HR : asked about my college
ME : told
 
HR : finally told ur eligible and also iam meeting all the criteria for CTS and he asked me to proceed ... He also added to check mail for my HR results.... Finally told Nice meeting you
ME : told thank you Sir...

After 3 days on 15 Feb 2011 ... GOT MY HR RESULTS STATING THAT IAM SELECTED... IAM SO HAPPY TO BE A PART OF COGNIZANT... SEE YOU THERE SOON... IF FEEL THIS PAPER IS USEFUL AND IF YOU HAVE DOUBTS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MAIL ME ... MY ID dhivya.monster@gmail.com .... ONLY ONE POINT I WISH YOU TO REMEMBER IS 
* THAT PREPARE WELL 
* BE COOL 
* BE COMFORTABLE
* JUST SAY IF YOU KNW THE ANSWERS I KNW OR ELSE TELL I DONT KNW ... BE STRAIGHT FORWARD BCOZ CTS PEOPLE LIKES ONLY STRAIGHT FORWARD PEOPLE... SEE YOU SOON THERE... BYE.... TAKE care.                                               
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2011 @ All About Jobs,Tollywood News,Movie And Actress Galleries!
Design by Wordpress Manual | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template and Blog Teacher | Powered by Blogger